Question Having trouble getting pc to post is the culprit my RAM?

Jun 17, 2023
Hello everybody, I recently built a gaming pc for the second time and I am having trouble getting it to post. I believe I made no major mistakes while building it but couldn't get a signal on my monitor.
My Components:
CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
MOBO:MSI B55-A PRO
RAM: Corsair LPX 32GB(16x2) 3600MHz
GPU: Gainward RTX 3070Ti Phantom
M.2 SSD(s): Crucial 2TB 5000MB/s + Crucial 1TB 2500MB/s
Process:
The PC turns on, the fans start spinning, the RGB on some fans as well as the GPU start working but I get no signal on the monitor. I. I've tried nearly everything that I could find online but didn't make much progress. I checked my cables, I tried using a different HDMI port, I switched my HDMI cable for a Display port cable, realized that maybe updating the bios was a priority so tried to do that (and succeeded I think) but still didn't get any signal. I noticed that the CPU debug LED was glowing bright white constantly so feeling defeated and paranoid I assumed that I had damaged the CPU somehow so I removed my cooler(which didn't go smoothly) found 3 bent pins (They may have been bent in the removal process) but I managed to fix them, unfortunately couldn't test the system since I had no thermal paste to reapply. In the meanwhile a friend recommended that I look for compatibility issues so I discovered that my memory might be too fast for my CPU. AMD's page says that the max memory speed is 3200. So here is the question that I wanted to ask, do you think my issue is with the CPU or the RAM? I assumed that as long as it was DDR4 memory the speed wouldn't really matter since I've read that ram modules can decrease their speed so I didn't pay much attention to it but could it cause boot/post issues? I'd gladly appreciate any help.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Hello everybody, I recently built a gaming pc for the second time and I am having trouble getting it to post. I believe I made no major mistakes while building it but couldn't get a signal on my monitor.
My Components:
Process:
The PC turns on, the fans start spinning, the RGB on some fans as well as the GPU start working but I get no signal on the monitor. I. I've tried nearly everything that I could find online but didn't make much progress. I checked my cables, I tried using a different HDMI port, I switched my HDMI cable for a Display port cable, realized that maybe updating the bios was a priority so tried to do that (and succeeded I think) but still didn't get any signal. I noticed that the CPU debug LED was glowing bright white constantly so feeling defeated and paranoid I assumed that I had damaged the CPU somehow so I removed my cooler(which didn't go smoothly) found 3 bent pins (They may have been bent in the removal process) but I managed to fix them, unfortunately couldn't test the system since I had no thermal paste to reapply. In the meanwhile a friend recommended that I look for compatibility issues so I discovered that my memory might be too fast for my CPU. AMD's page says that the max memory speed is 3200. So here is the question that I wanted to ask, do you think my issue is with the CPU or the RAM? I assumed that as long as it was DDR4 memory the speed wouldn't really matter since I've read that ram modules can decrease their speed so I didn't pay much attention to it but could it cause boot/post issues? I'd gladly appreciate any help.
Based on what I recently read, the only problem with the memory speed is that it will run at the slower speed when you mix two types of RAM. Does your manual state that it will support the new memory type?

My Components:
Process:
Make it smaller.
Unplug all disk.... use just one stick of ram....test.

What psu are you using?......make and model.

Jun 17, 2023
Make it smaller.
Unplug all disk.... use just one stick of ram....test.

What psu are you using?......make and model.
Sorry, for not being able to reply sooner but I got some more thermal paste put the whole system back together and got some progress. So now the debug light shows "Boot" which might be the ssd problem or maybe I messed something up in BIOS but at least the cpu, gpu, ram and the mobo seem to be ok.

Also my PSU is A750GF by MSI

Jun 17, 2023
Based on what I recently read, the only problem with the memory speed is that it will run at the slower speed when you mix two types of RAM. Does your manual state that it will support the new memory type?
I didn't check the manual but got past my first issue of the CPU debug light so I guess I did have some bent pins.