Having trouble with Downloading an OS

Mike_213

Commendable
May 22, 2016
I downloaded the iso for Windows 10 from their website and put it on a flashdrive and it works fine until I get to the part where it asks which type of installation I want, if I select "upgrade: install Windows and keep files, settings, and applications" it gives me a message saying the "computer started using the Windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that Windows starts normally. "I had Windows 10 before and then It started freezing up and acting goofy and eventually when restarting my pc the os didn't even work anymore, I did torrent the Microsoft key but not the OS itself. After that went down I decided to get a new OS and start over and then I started having this issue. The other option it gives me is "custom:Install Windows only(advanced)" now when I select this one it gives me 4 partitions, on my harddrive partition it says it will work but when I start to install on it it comes up with an error message saying "Windows detected that an EFI system partition was formatted as NTSF. Format the EFI system partition as FAT32, and restart the installation." Anyway any help would be appreciated if someone could help me

Solution
I did torrent the Microsoft key but not the OS itself.

You torrented the license key? And what do you expect this license key to do?

Nothing to do with how this install seems to be failing, but you need to actually purchase a valid license for this system.