Question HD 6670 1GB Dual monitor resolution question

jkrm

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
Hello, my friend have an older PC (just to play poker) with a HD 6670 1GB and he is using 2 monitors, both are the same and can support 2560x1080 res. But the matter is that he can only get this res on the hdmi cable (primary m) and on the DVI-D Dual Link only 1920x1080. Latest driver possible. Bad cable? Bad GPU DVI connector? Can this GPU even handle 2 monitors on this res? And, also, it's not working on dvi single link (no signal on monitor)..

Last edited:
On AMD cards you need to run the AMD Pixel Clock Patcher and then restart the computer to remove an artificial limitation on the DVI port.

jkrm

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
On AMD cards you need to run the AMD Pixel Clock Patcher and then restart the computer to remove an artificial limitation on the DVI port.

Thank you, now the resolution shows up (2560x1080), but when selected. I have artifacts/screen blinking on and off on the DVI port (monitor 2)... monitor 1 on HDMI is fine, what do you think? I think it's a bad cable.. Already tried ddu and reinstalling the driver but same. I'm using the driver Catalyst Software Suite 15.7.1 WHQL, should I try the Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta? I don't know which is better for this gpu. I'm gonna try a win fresh install too.

Last edited:
Thank you, now the resolution shows up (2560x1080), but when selected. I have artifacts/screen blinking on and off on the DVI port (monitor 2)... monitor 1 on HDMI is fine, what do you think? I think it's a bad cable.. Already tried ddu and reinstalling the driver but same. I'm using the driver Catalyst Software Suite 15.7.1 WHQL, should I try the Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta? I don't know which is better for this gpu. I'm gonna try a win fresh install too.
Sounds like poor quality cable.