HD 7970 fans not working after thermal replace

gabi014

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012
hey guys i have Gigabyte HD 7970 Ghz ed Windforce edition 3 fans, i just removed the cooler from the card and replaced the thermal paste on the gpu, put back the cooler and pluged it cable to the card and the fans doesnt working... is it possible that the cable damaged while i was plugging it out? what should i do? pls help im too stressed out currently.

Solution
I've solved it, the pins that were in that fans cable plastic were broken, i cutted the cables from the plastic, tested the wires on my Arduino and the fans works, just have to solder it now to the gpu.

if anyone reading this post, Gigabyte HD 7970 windforce owners or none windforce, you probably dont want to take off the fan cable out from the gpu board when you want to replace your thermal paste, probably it will broke or something, just a tip to prevent problems.

gabi014

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012
I've solved it, the pins that were in that fans cable plastic were broken, i cutted the cables from the plastic, tested the wires on my Arduino and the fans works, just have to solder it now to the gpu.

if anyone reading this post, Gigabyte HD 7970 windforce owners or none windforce, you probably dont want to take off the fan cable out from the gpu board when you want to replace your thermal paste, probably it will broke or something, just a tip to prevent problems.

Solution