HD Audio Controller is waking up pc from sleep

Aug 30, 2018
Hi,
I am having a problem with PC going to sleep. When I make it sleep intentionally in the start menu, PC goes to sleep and doesn't wake up (only when I want to). When PC goes to sleep because of system idle (when I don't use PC for 30 minutes), I noticed that every time PC wakes up immediately. When I type to cmd "powercfg -lastwake", it shows "High Definition Audio Controller" as a reason of last wake up. I tried reinstalling audio drivers, looked for bios update (I have the newest one) and nothing helped. I am using Windows 10.

What could solve this problem?
Thank you for your help in advance!

Aug 30, 2018

I have onboard audio, my board is gigabyte B250M-DS3H and I installed realtek audio driver from website for my motherboard. Speakers are connected by jack directly to the motherboard.

Ralston18

Titan
Open Reliability History right after you boot your system.

Slide the window to one side and leave it open. Go through the "sleep" process again. Look for something that happens when the PC wakes up on its own.

Task Manager and Event Viewer may also help detect what is happening.

My sense is that it is a combination of events. Watch LAN activity (Wake on LAN) as well.

Ralston18

Titan
What do you require?

The settings are there for your use.

If the advanced power settings are preventing "wake ups" that you require or otherwise expect, then change the setting.

You have Windows 10.

Use "WIN" + 'I" > System > Power & Sleep > Additional power settings to configure the system to do as you require.

Work your way into the "Chose or customize a power plan".

Find "Change advanced power settings". Clicking that should open a window titled "Power Options".

Scroll down to Multimedia settings. Click the + box.

Check your current configuration and make some notes accordingly. Then try changing only one setting at a time until the computer remains asleep (or wakes up) as you require.

Aug 30, 2018
Sorry for responding after a long time. I tried reinstalation and it still did not help. I also tried installing drivers from CD which came with motherboard, still without success.