[SOLVED] HDD disapeard in windows but shows up in BIOS and Crystaldiskinfo

Jan 6, 2019
Yesterday I noticed that my F drive was missing in windows explorer menu. It was functional the day before but for some reason it doesnt show up anymore. There have been no internal changes the computer has just stood still for the interval of time.

So fare I have tried the following:
- Checked device manager where it does not show up
- Checked the BIOS where it does show up.
- Run Crystaldisk info where it shows up and reports "good health" with temperature and everything.
- Tried a recovering software called EaseUS recovery software wich found the HDD with its entire content but wanted me to buy the software to fix it/recover it (pretty expensive and not 100% sure it works).
- Done physical tests, swaped the cabels satacables to ones that I knew worked, and switched sata power cables.
- Reinstalled windows on a seconday disk because I though it could have occured after the latest WIN10 update. No luck.

The hdd is fairly new, about a year and only run about 890 hours acording to crystaldisk.

Now im kinda out of ideas and seaching input.

Solution
I don't know how successful recovery is with that app or others. I suggest you start a thread on Recovery using that and other apps, to gather as many opinions as one can get in this post Christmas period. Several are regularly recommended here but limited in capability so there is some information on the topic.
Jan 6, 2019
Now I have also updated the bios with no luck. Unluckely there are some wedding photos on the drive so im interested in saving it.
Any experiences with Recovery software? EaseUS, is that any good? If it finds the files then will it be able to recover them?

thanks.

I don't know how successful recovery is with that app or others. I suggest you start a thread on Recovery using that and other apps, to gather as many opinions as one can get in this post Christmas period. Several are regularly recommended here but limited in capability so there is some information on the topic.

Solution