HDD Errors/ CRC interface count

Wagnercino

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2013
Hey everyone, let me give you a little backstory. I just downloaded HD tune pro after noticing some strange things I felt were related to HDD errors. Lately my computer has been acting slower and things have been crashing (one drive specifically,everyday). I just built the PC in January and since I've built it every now and then when I power on the PC it'll say to press control alt delete to restart, I forget the error message but I'm 99.9% sure it's HDD relate. So anyways, I got HDD problems. Now on HD Tune Pro it says I have "Interface CRC Error count : 2195, status : attention. It says, "There were communication errors. This may be caused by a damaged cable." I checked my cables and everything looks good to me, but I don't really know crap about computers, I just read the directions and pieced it together originally. Anyways, I unplugged and re plugged the cables in, I heard someone say on another board that if the number doesn't rise then the problem is fixed. Any help would be much appreciated.