[SOLVED] HDD file system turned RAW i guess

Sep 21, 2019
Hi, I have a HDD. I was using it from my NAS device. I unplugged the HDD from the NAS and I did connect it to my desktop by using SATA. But when I check drives on my desktop file system looks like RAW. Is there any solution without losing datas. I have tried chkdsk on cmd but it doesnt work. Sorry for my english anyway. Looking for help thanks

Solution
When I put drives in NAS only power light keeps blinking. One of the HDD is backup I guess how do I recover backup if I reformat them.
If that drive is a "backup", then the data exists elsewhere.
If the data does not exist elsewhere, or that is just a backup of the other drive, that is not an actual backup.

3-2-1.
3 copies, on 2 different systems, at least 1 offsite.
Sep 21, 2019
Within the Synology, it is a whole different file system.
You can't just unplug it and put in a Windows box as is.

Put it back in the Synology before you make a mistake and delete everything.
It's stopped working thats why I unplugged it, Only power light keep blinking when I plug the drives on NAS. I tried to power up NAS without drives but it didn't worked out :(

Sep 21, 2019
Assuming the actual NAS is faulty, replace it.
Put the drives in and it should work.

Or, put the drives in your PC, reformat them, and recover the full data set from your backup.

When I put drives in NAS only power light keeps blinking. One of the HDD is backup I guess how do I recover backup if I reformat them.

USAFRet

Titan
If that drive is a "backup", then the data exists elsewhere.
If the data does not exist elsewhere, or that is just a backup of the other drive, that is not an actual backup.

3-2-1.
3 copies, on 2 different systems, at least 1 offsite.

Solution