Question HDD goes to sleep, but this feature is turned off ?

szerwony

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2015
Hi. Since three days ago one of my PC hard drives started going to sleep and booting again randomly. I know it because I hear the sound of hard drive spinning up. Sometimes there is also a lag for example when I open My Computer at the time when drive wasn't running. The problem is that I don't know which drive is doing this - I have 3x HDD and 1x SSD. I didn't change any options in my Windows 10 since months, "Turn off hard disk" option is still disabled in power options. How can I determine which HDD is turning off and on and how can I prevent it? I have also checked SMART values and all drives look good. I don't know why this started to happen.

Hi. Since three days ago one of my PC hard drives started going to sleep and booting again randomly. I know it because I hear the sound of hard drive spinning up. Sometimes there is also a lag for example when I open My Computer at the time when drive wasn't running. The problem is that I don't know which drive is doing this - I have 3x HDD and 1x SSD. I didn't change any options in my Windows 10 since months, "Turn off hard disk" option is still disabled in power options. How can I determine which HDD is turning off and on and how can I prevent it? I have also checked SMART values and all drives look good. I don't know why this started to happen.
Reseat all disk power and data cables....both ends.