Question HDD installation for DELL inspiron

wolfhors3

Reputable
Apr 29, 2020
I wanted to put a 2nd HDD in my son.s Dell inspiron. I opened the case and there isn't any bay or anything to mount the hdd. The present HDD seems to be attached or maybe glued to the case. Is there a caddy/bay or something I can install for the new HDD? I have a photo but it's not online so i couldn't find a way to attach it.

Nice Nicer

Commendable
May 24, 2021
Adding the full productname of the PC ( Inspiron by itself doesn't tell me a lot, besides that i once had a laptop with that name ) would be very useful for solving the problem. If it's in the case the PC originally came with ( which seems indicated ), a picture could probably be found on google. Some PCs don't have a lot of options for several internal drives ( i could name an example but that one is from more than ten years ago ).

What is the make/model number of the laptop?
Presumably, you need more storage space.
In the process, consider upgrading to a ssd.
It will make all the difference in the world as to quickness.
Very likely, if it is an older unit, you have a 2.5" HDD.
That can very easily be replaced with a larger unit via cloning.
Search google for a youtube video showing ssd upgrade for your laptop.
Or go to the crucial site and access their upgrade advisor for drive and ram possible updates.

I wanted to put a 2nd HDD in my son.s Dell inspiron. I opened the case and there isn't any bay or anything to mount the hdd. The present HDD seems to be attached or maybe glued to the case. Is there a caddy/bay or something I can install for the new HDD? I have a photo but it's not online so i couldn't find a way to attach it.

Another of your posts happened to have the model number of the computer you have, which is needed to know what the case is.

There are mount points for 2.5" drives in the case

https://www.dell.com/community/Insp...-drive-to-front-of-Inspiron-3671/td-p/7636476