Question HDD is making my pc bug

Evary

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
So I recently built my first gaming rig. I put in it two storage devices: Kingston 250Gb A2000 NVMe ssd and a WD blue 1tb hdd.

I couldn't install windows of the hard drive was plugged in, so now, it just stays unplugged. However, when I plug it in again my ssd won't boot and I need to reinstall windows.

I'm not sure if I should return my hard drive to amazon and buy a 2tb Seagate or try to fix the problem.

Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance :)

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
Your mobo supports booting from NVMe SSDs, so there should be no problems.

Just to make sure, have you connected your NVMe PCIe SSD to M2_1 slot? (According to your mobo specifications page, M2_2 is only for M.2 SATA SSDs and it is shared with SATA3_3.)

I just saw some comments people stating that updating BIOS solved similar issues on this mobo.

Evary

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
Your mobo supports booting from NVMe SSDs, so there should be no problems.

Just to make sure, have you connected your NVMe PCIe SSD to M2_1 slot? (According to your mobo specifications page, M2_2 is only for M.2 SATA SSDs and it is shared with SATA3_3.)

I just saw some comments people stating that updating BIOS solved similar issues on this mobo.
Yes, my nvme ssd is in slot M2_1. I can boot without problems from my nvme only when my hdd isn't plugged in, when it is, is says "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device"

I made sure that the boot priority was correct. I'll try updating the bios when I get home. If you have any other ideas, I just wanna tell you that losing my data isn't a problem :)