[SOLVED] HDD is not detected on cold boot. Works after restarting system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2019
Hello,
I upgraded my PC and have following problem. My HDD is not being detected on cold boot. I always have to restart (reset button, because Software/Windows doesn't respond somehow) my PC, and then it work's fine. The SSD works without any problems.
The tool's icons which are installed on my HDD are all white/not found. But windows recognize that there is a storage connected, but not showing how much space I still have etc.

HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD 1TB
SSD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB
Mainboard: ASRock B450 Pro4

Fast Boot is disabled. I guess Hot Plug is also disabled. But I couldn't find the option to disable it for each SATA.

The boot order is:
SSD
HDD
CD-ROM

I would appreciate every help.

Greetings from Germany

popatim

Titan
I was also going to suggest HDD delay but do not see it listed in the manual for your board.

You do have a 'Setup Prompt Timeout' in the Boot section that you may be be able to achieve the desired timeout. This may only work after a shutdown though rather then a Sleep.

Mar 19, 2019
I was also going to suggest HDD delay but do not see it listed in the manual for your board.

You do have a 'Setup Prompt Timeout' in the Boot section that you may be be able to achieve the desired timeout. This may only work after a shutdown though rather then a Sleep.

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately it didn't help. I set the timeout to enter the BIOS settings to 10 seconds. Still the HDD wasn't detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.