HDD Memory decreasing

Lampokosa

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014
Hello, so I played GTA today and then a heard a windows sound. But I ignored it and kept playing GTA. After playing I looked at my desktop and there was a program, I cannot remember what it was called but it ended with .msi It looked really fishy so I just pressed cancel. But it still did a wizard.

After that I noticed that my HDD memory went from 46GB to 10GB and slowly decreasing till' 8GB, I ran Malwarebytes and detected 60 suspicious files. I deleted them and restarted my computer and expected it to work but it didn't. I uninstalled MTA (MTA is a mutliplayer for GTA) and now it seems like it's working. I managed to get rid of a huge %temp% file aswell so I've got about 100GB free memory now.

I assume it was MTA but i'm still not sure, any thoughts of anything else it could've been?

Thanks.

And I almost forgot: When I noticed that I had 8GB of memory left I deleted 2 games on Steam which should be atleast 10GB nothing changed, it maybe made a 1 GB difference, so I don't know how that works...: /

Lampokosa

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014

I'm not sure at all, I just casually played gta and then when I was done I saw it. The only thing i've downloaded is the mta program. It could be that? But i'm not sure