HDD not DETECTED!!!

Bro Barrels

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
This evening i cleaned up my system and after reassembling, my second hdd (WD Blue 500gb) isn't getting detected.

After BIOS , No OS found.

Tried changing SATA and power cables, even with a different system, still the problem exists.

Does this mean my hdd is dead?

Thanks.

Specs:
HDD: WD5000AAKX
ASRock Extreme 3
AMD 8350 AM3+
Gskill 8gb 1333mhz 4+2x2
XFX HD 7750
Corsair VS550
Windows 8.1 64bit

Solution
Unfortunately, it's looking like it may be dead oddly enough. You didn't accidentally damage the SATA power/data connections from the drive? Sometimes these can stick pretty good and you seem to need excess force just to disconnect them. Also, I believe you mentioned it doesn't work in a different PC, otherwise I'd suggest trying another SATA port.
Unfortunately, it's looking like it may be dead oddly enough. You didn't accidentally damage the SATA power/data connections from the drive? Sometimes these can stick pretty good and you seem to need excess force just to disconnect them. Also, I believe you mentioned it doesn't work in a different PC, otherwise I'd suggest trying another SATA port.

Solution
Hi there Bro Barrels,

If the HDD is not recognized on another computer, it most probably sustained some physical damage during the cleaning process. If this is the case, and you need the data that is stored on it back, you will need to use the services of a data recovery company. You can check out WD's Data Recovery Partners.

WD's Data Recovery Partners: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=uBlDxf

D_Know_WD