HDD or Hybrid

benjy08

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
Looking to get a new drive thats 1tb or moreand im wonder if i should get a hybrid drive or a hdd. I'll be using this website www.mwave.com.au if you are bothered enough to look. Any response would be great.

Solution
Yeah might be a few more pounds for a hybrid over just a plain old mechanical drive.
But unless your running an launching the software on it like you do with a boot drive ect your not going to utilize the 8GB of flash ram much. after a while how it speeds things up is by noting what is frequently run, and stores that in the flash ram.

If you intention is just to store data on it. to put it mildly. It`s not going to speed things up when used like that.
Probably better off with a Sata 3 mechanical hard drive with larger storage capacity for the price.

benjy08

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
got a ssd and hdd already in my system and im using the ssd as a boot drive. I only have 260gb of storage left in total so im looking for a 1tb drive, meaning all ssds are out of the picture since i have a budget of around $180 AUD

Yeah might be a few more pounds for a hybrid over just a plain old mechanical drive.
But unless your running an launching the software on it like you do with a boot drive ect your not going to utilize the 8GB of flash ram much. after a while how it speeds things up is by noting what is frequently run, and stores that in the flash ram.

If you intention is just to store data on it. to put it mildly. It`s not going to speed things up when used like that.
Probably better off with a Sata 3 mechanical hard drive with larger storage capacity for the price.

Solution