HDD question help

Ruttah

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Hey folks, I'm building my second PC and ran into some problems. Basically I thought id be able to plug my old set-up into my new mobo and install windows and be good to go. Well as I found out in my last post... it just doesn't work like that. I have a second HDD in my current rig and was wondering would initializing the HDD with this version of windows 7 mess up my chances of installing windows on my new motherboard? When i tried installing windows the first time when I put everything together in my new mobo the HDD with absolutely nothing on it did not show up for me to use when I try to install windows and I cannot use my old HDD since windows is already installed on it with different drivers from a different mobo.
My question is how do I set up my new HDD so I can use it to do a clean install on my new rig?
I don't have much hardware experience, sorry if this is a noob question
Rig
PSU= Apevia ATX Warlock 750 watt
RAM= Patriot G2 series 4GB X 2
DVD drive= Sony Optiarc 24x
HDD=WD Blue 750GB harddrive ( yes I know this is too small for my comp it was the kids who help me build my first rig mistake. I have a tb HDD that fits in my comp but I have not transferred my data because I have not needed to yet
Old video card= gtx 560 /// Upgrade= Gtx 970
Old CPU= AMD phenom x4 975 BLK edition 3.60GHz /// Upgrade= Fx 8350 8 core
Old MOBO= ASUS M4A88T-M ///// Upgrade = MSI 760GM-P23 (FX)

Solution
I would install the hdd into the working computer, and give it a complete format. Confirm it is working, and then put it into the new build.

Ruttah

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015

Thanks for answering, am I going to run into alot of problems when i transfer my data over from my old HDD because of the different drivers for windows?