Question HDD seems to be corrupt but passes S.M.A.R.T test by WD and Lenovo tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2019
hello community,

For the past two months i am facing a weird problem with my HDD.

The experience goes as follows,
My PC is equipped with a boot SSD and it is pretty fast but once i open the HDD drive using files manager it starts to slow down, openig a files with few photos can take almost 15 seconds.
And after some days windows gave me a notification saying that there is problem with my drive and gave an option to fix.
After running the fix the pc restarted, i was shocked to see few of my files were missing.
Few days passed and now when i try to open random folders the pc tells that the folder is not in the drive, after a restart that file vanishes.

After this, i Formatted the drive and also did a fresh install of windows but the problem came back.

So now i ran few tests with the help of "WD data lifeguard and Lenovo Diagnostics tools" and to my surprise the drive passed the test.

The lenovo Support refrains from helping me as the test passes, they blame me for lying around.
But in "CrystalDiscInfo and HD Tune pro" it shows WARNING - C5 (current pending sector count).

people at lenovo Support did not care about these things.

Two days back one person from lenovo tried to fix it by remote access, he did few things to my drive and the drive stopped responding after reboot.

today i contacted the support again, this time the agent did few more steps and said that he needs to restart the pc.
Then it all went down, the pc did not restart and it stuck at the windows boot screen for almost 15 minutes. I force shut down the device and started it again but still it does not go past the boot screen.

I tried removing the faulty HDD and now the pc boots normally.

now i am not able to access my drive and few sensitive data in the drive, please help me to throw light onto this issue.
I lost whole hope on lenovo support team when the last agent i sopke asked to upgrade the ram to fix the issue.

thanks!

May 23, 2019
Drive is failing. Do not spend any more time trying to revive it. Replace it.

I think the same but people from lenovo does not care to help me because the drive passes the test run by them. Also i have few important things in that drive and wanted to recover them, i have no hope from the manufacturer side.

Status
Not open for further replies.