Hdd space showing 128gb after being removed and plugged in...

Vickerz

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
1 week back i take out my internal hdd and carry with me as I was going to hometown and unfortunately tried to connect to my laptop via USB cable from my Dell backup external hdd as its front part can be detach and connected to my external hdd then connect to laptop but it was not detected... ( i think it might need more power than usual USB 3.0 can provide ) and after I returned I plugged it in again but it wasn't detected and windows never bootup again... And I tried to install Windows but it shows only 128 gb available memory and was not able to partition...

So my question is can I recover my data in anyway as it was too much precious...

Thanks in advanced... Every answers are welcome that can help... :sarcastic:

As I m new and noob plz forgive me if I did or post anything wrong or post in wrong section...

Sorry for my bad English... :ouch:

Hi there Vickerz,

Why would you try to partition and install Windows on a drive that you have some data stored on?
You can use some data recovery tool. As your system can't boot up, you will need to either use data recovery tool for DOS mode or attach the drive as a secondary one either internally or externally(USB + power cable as the drive is most probably 3.5'').

Cheers,
D_Know_WD