[SOLVED] HDD Unknown not initialised in Windows Disk Management, but available in other software?

Jan 11, 2020
Windows Disk Management says that my WD 1TB HDD is unknown + not initialised with no storage showing. But MiniTool Partition Manager and AOMEI Partition Assistant both say that the disk is MBR with unallocated space. Diskpart says that it has the space available as well, with 931 GB size and 931 GB free (not dynamic or GPT).

Solution
OK I think it's fixed now:

Before, my SSD was fine but my HDD was bricked, and I couldn't boot with both of them connected. I booted with only the SSD connected and made sure that the "Hot Plug" function was enabled in my UEFI. Then connected my bricked HDD which was first recognised as a drive with no storage space (0 GB) and tried a bunch of programs to rebuild MBR, reinitialise, format, DISKPART->clean, clone OS, etc. During that time I had a few blue screens (as I had a bricked HDD and the system complained) but then my HDD was in the state mentioned above.

Since then I rebooted and reseated the SATA and power cables for the HDD and then I could initialise the disk and create a "new simple volume" in my Windows Disk Management...
Jan 11, 2020
OK I think it's fixed now:

Before, my SSD was fine but my HDD was bricked, and I couldn't boot with both of them connected. I booted with only the SSD connected and made sure that the "Hot Plug" function was enabled in my UEFI. Then connected my bricked HDD which was first recognised as a drive with no storage space (0 GB) and tried a bunch of programs to rebuild MBR, reinitialise, format, DISKPART->clean, clone OS, etc. During that time I had a few blue screens (as I had a bricked HDD and the system complained) but then my HDD was in the state mentioned above.

Since then I rebooted and reseated the SATA and power cables for the HDD and then I could initialise the disk and create a "new simple volume" in my Windows Disk Management.

In my PC the drive is now available and completely empty and it looks like I can move/download stuff into it.

BTW I don't know how to mark this as solved, this is my first time posting.

Solution