Question HDD wont run after boot

Nesh89

Honorable
Sep 6, 2014
I've started having trouble with my hdd, my system is on a 860 evo atm, but i use a wd blue for storage, when i start my pc, it boots just fine but i keep getting an error when i try to open my hdd or any file on it, the system shows its there but nothing runs, it says the device was not found, only way of fixing the problem that i have found was plugging out the PSUs power cable from the HDD and plugging it back in while the pc is running, then the hdd starts spinning and works fine, now every time i boot my pc i have to open my side panel unplug my hdd and plug it back in, has any one els came in touch with this problem and how to solve it???

What windows power setting are you using? Go to control panel, system and security, go down to power options, click on change plan settings, click on change advanced power settings, when the box pops up, click on hard disk, change turn off hard disk after how many minutes to NEVER (0), hit apply and restart your pc. See if this helps at all.

Nesh89

Honorable
Sep 6, 2014
I've started having trouble with my hdd, my system is on a 860 evo atm, but i use a wd blue for storage, when i start my pc, it boots just fine but i keep getting an error when i try to open my hdd or any file on it, the system shows its there but nothing runs, it says the device was not found, only way of fixing the problem that i have found was plugging out the PSUs power cable from the HDD and plugging it back in while the pc is running, then the hdd starts spinning and works fine, now every time i boot my pc i have to open my side panel unplug my hdd and plug it back in, has any one els came in touch with this problem and how to solve it???

Didnt work, not really sure wat the problem may be, ill try cganging the sata cables.