[SOLVED] HDMI and Displayport detection from graphics card where the motherboard connected only has VGA and DVI-D?

Solution
No since it is an old cpu, will it detect hdmi and displayport from the gpu, so I can use a hdmi>dvi-d adapter to connect my monitor which supports only dvi-d. That is what my query is? Sorry, I am just confusing you guys earlier.
Get a card with DVI-D output then. You won't need any adapters.
Just a regular DVI-D cable.

812QgYi+zqL._AC_SL400_.jpg
May 26, 2022
if the display is connected to the iGPU through motherboard ports then the dedicated GPU(GTX 1030) will not be used.
you have to connect the display directly to the GPU.

and yes, you can use an HDMI or DP > DVI-D adapter from graphics card to display.
No brother the thing is there is no HDMI or DisplayPort on the motherboard, will it detect it if I connect the GPU and upon that I am using the adapter

as I stated,
you do not want to use the motherboard's ports.
this will bypass any dedicated graphics card and make having it absolete.

read my post again.
if English isn't your native language, try a different translation option.
if the display is connected to the iGPU through motherboard ports then the dedicated GPU(GTX 1030) will not be used.
you have to connect the display directly to the GPU.

and yes, you can use an HDMI or DP > DVI-D adapter from graphics card to display.

Reactions: vedaya2355
May 26, 2022
as I stated,
you do not want to use the motherboard's ports.
this will bypass any dedicated graphics card and make having it absolete.

read my post again.
if English isn't your native language, try a different translation option.
I am not saying for the motherboard ports brother, will it detect the ports on the graphics card. Since it is an old motherboard i.e. HP Compaq 6300 pro, so I wanted to confirm whether motherboard can handle ports of HDMI and Displayport of GPU. Sorry I don't wanna irritate you with my questions but just wanted to be hundred percent sure before purchasing the GPU.

the dedicated GPU has nothing to do with what an integrated GPU offers.

if the GTX 1030 is compatible with your system it will handle all output to the display on it's own.
and a modern connection to DVI-D adapter will work fine.

just make sure any adapter you purchase has multiple customer reviews stating that it worked with a similar setup.
there are many cheaply produced options out there that don't offer adequate bandwidth or have other defects.

May 27, 2022
I am not saying for the motherboard ports brother, will it detect the ports on the graphics card. Since it is an old motherboard i.e. HP Compaq 6300 pro, so I wanted to confirm whether motherboard can handle ports of HDMI and Displayport of GPU. Sorry I don't wanna irritate you with my questions but just wanted to be hundred percent sure before purchasing the GPU.

You're having a bit of a hard time understanding. You do not connect your GPU ports to the motherboard ports. You connect the GPU to the monitor. Does your monitor have HDMI or Display port? Are you accidentally calling your monitor a motherboard? The ports on your motherboard have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not a GPU is compatible.

If you are mixing up terms and asking if an HDMI to DVI adapter to the monitor will work, then yes, it will work fine. What we are saying though is there's no reason whatsoever to bring the motherboard ports into it, that doesn't matter.

Last edited:
May 26, 2022
No since it is an old cpu, will it detect hdmi and displayport from the gpu, so I can use a hdmi>dvi-d adapter to connect my monitor which supports only dvi-d. That is what my query is? Sorry, I am just confusing you guys earlier.

TRENDING THREADS