[SOLVED] HDMI cable/version question

Tschrom

Honorable
Dec 21, 2016
Just a quick question that I can't seem to find a straight answer on... Does HDMI 2.0b support HDR above 30hz? I just recently purchased a television that's 4K HDR compatible. And I have it hooked up to a PC with an RTX 2070, both are HDMI 2.0b standard and 4k HDR compatible. I can't seem to get HDR to work beyond 30HZ. Which is horrid on PC, having everything default to 30hz. I also can't get Chroma sampling other than YCbCr420 or Depth beyond 8 bit.

I've tried HDMI, I've tried a Display port 1.4 to HDMI cable. I've tried adapters, multiple cables, etc. Nothing gets HDR to work past 30Hz. So, my question is this, does HDMI even support HDR beyond 30Hz? Or is that just something they all advertise as HDMI 2.0b compatible, but it doesn't actually work?

Last edited:

Tschrom

Honorable
Dec 21, 2016
Might help is we knew what resolution you are trying to work with. That is the main factor.

Oh, right. Sorry. My bad, I assumed on a tech website, people would see 4K littered throughout my post and assume I'm using the standard 4K resolution 3,840 x 2160 ... But I guess common sense is in short supply even with moderators.

This is your post version history. You mention ONE TIME, not THROUGHOUT the post, that it is a 4k capable TV, but you also mention that it is connected to a PC which means IT CAN BE SET TO MANY RESOLUTIONS, not necessarily just 4k. Any moderator can see your post history and changes you've made, so denying that you changed your post to include those mentions of 4k and THEN posted your snarky response is pointless. You can also either fix your atttitude, or take it elsewhere. We are not here to be victims of your verbal abuse, especially when somebody is trying to help you. That goes for regular members as well as members of the moderation team. Nobody needs to act like that here. Consider THAT an official moderation warning.

Just a quick question that I can't seem to find a straight answer on... Does HDMI 2.0b support HDR above 30hz? I just recently purchased a television that's 4K HDR compatible. And I have it hooked up to a PC with an RTX 2070, both are HDMI 2.0b standard and HDR compatible. I can't seem to get HDR to work beyond 30HZ. Which is horrid on PC, having everything default to 30hz. I also can't get Chroma sampling other than YCbCr420 or Depth beyond 8 bit.

I've tried HDMI, I've tried a Display port 1.4 to HDMI cable. I've tried adapters, multiple cables, etc. Nothing gets HDR to work past 30Hz. So, my question is this, does HDMI even support HDR beyond 30Hz? Or is that just something they all advertise as HDMI 2.0b compatible, but it doesn't actually work?