[SOLVED] HDMI monitor cable inquiry - gauge matters?

jhayat

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2013
Hi

I need to run a computer monitor that is 27 ft. from my computer. I bought two 15 ft HDMI cables, and a repeater. This should work.

My Q is this: the cables are billed as:

8k Ultra HD High-Soeed 48 gbps HDMI 2.1

One cable is thicker that the other. The difference is not great, but noticeable. Seemingly a different gauge.

Should this be a concern, or not?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi

I need to run a computer monitor that is 27 ft. from my computer. I bought two 15 ft HDMI cables, and a repeater. This should work.

One cable is thicker that the other. The difference is not great, but noticeable. Seemingly a different gauge.

Thanks in advance.
Unknown, until you test it. There are 1000s of fake cables sold. Even the repeater could be a problem.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
With 15' runs and a booster in between, it's not going to matter if it's 28AWG or as thick as 22AWG.

At 27', it may play a part with a direct run, from a signal integrity standpoint.

As for your specific cables, it may not be the outright gauge of the cable itself, but either shielding or the housing,

kanewolf

Titan
Hi

Thanks in advance.
Unknown, until you test it. There are 1000s of fake cables sold. Even the repeater could be a problem.

Reactions: Barty1884
Solution