HDMI monitor not detected by GPU ?!

adhamthedude

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
Hey guys this is my first post here and i've looked in other posts about this issue and it's still here...

So i've this 750TI which actually was running this dual monitor setup for quite a while..
One monitor is VGA and the other is HDMI and both were running fine until one day i changed my psu , case and the CPU cooler and the GPU didn't detect the HDMI monitor i've tried connecting the HDMI monitor on it's own to the GPU but it wouldn't detect it. I've set the OSD on the monitor to the settings which perveously it was running fine on (dual) the monitor's HDMI port is good so as the GPU. The hdmi cable is also no problem tried it on TV. i've tried changing OS and still the problem is here in Linux Ubuntu.

I've ran out of ideas what do you guys think ?

I'm running the second monitor now through Igpu from the intel cpu via VGA.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
have you tried resetting the CMOS of your motherboard? its usually recommended when you switch PSUs.
also since you switched GPUs as well. download DDU. restart to safe mode. run DDU to clean GPU drivers. restart to normal mode. download and install latest driver.

adhamthedude

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018

First of all i didn't actually change GPU. it's still the same.
i will try to reset CMOS and hope it work!

adhamthedude

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
Sadly didn't work my friend. Still the HDMI port is acting like it's not even there.
The port is usable on my TV but when plugged to monitor it's like it's not even here. Though as i said i have on OSD reversed the setting to PC output and HDMI as source and still.