[SOLVED] HDMI plugged in to motherboard port (not dGPU) is utilizing my RTX 3080 Ti, need to disable it ?

frince9000

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019
Hi guys, I'm so angry right now I need help with disabling this.
Specs: I7-4790k, Asus Z97A, 16gb Ripjaws 1866mhz, RTX 3080 Ti, GTX 1660.
Problem is, when I use my iGPU (onboard output), my iGPU is utilizing the dGPUs which is annoying me because I use it for 3 separate purposes. Don't question what it is pls. I need solution, not alternatives.

For example, when I run a video screen share with only iGPU HDMI plugged in both in monitor and board (no other outputs plugged.) it instead utilizes the RTX 3080 Ti (I can see from GPU-Z which GPU is being utilized.)

Tried running some tests, I launched an actual game. The Witcher 3 is only supposed to run at 7fps lowest on an iGPU, but when I open it, it goes with 100+ frames and I can see my 3080 Ti being used through the onboard output! I need to disable this feature, can somebody assist?

to summarize, plugged to Intel HD 4400 but it's utilizing RTX 3080 Ti and GTX 1660 sometimes.

Solution
Hi guys, I'm so pissed off right now I need help with disabling this.
Problem is, when I use my iGPU (onboard output), my iGPU is utilizing the dGPUs which is annoying me because I use it for 3 separate purposes. Don't question what it is pls. I need solution, not alternatives.
for example, when I run a video screen share with only iGPU HDMI plugged in both in monitor and board (no other outputs plugged.) it instead utilizes the RTX 3080 Ti (I can see from GPU-Z which GPU is being utilized.)
Tried running some tests, I launched an actual game. The Witcher 3 is only supposed to run at 7fps lowest on an iGPU, but when I open it, it goes with 100+ frames and I can...
Hi guys, I'm so pissed off right now I need help with disabling this.
for example, when I run a video screen share with only iGPU HDMI plugged in both in monitor and board (no other outputs plugged.) it instead utilizes the RTX 3080 Ti (I can see from GPU-Z which GPU is being utilized.)
Tried running some tests, I launched an actual game. The Witcher 3 is only supposed to run at 7fps lowest on an iGPU, but when I open it, it goes with 100+ frames and I can see my 3080 Ti being used through the onboard output! I need to disable this feature, can somebody assist?

to summarize, plugged to Intel HD 4400 but it's utilizing RTX 3080 Ti and GTX 1660 sometimes.
Disable the 3080ti and 1660 drivers on device manager and you'll see the intel hd doing the work :). It is simply a gpu passthrough since if the device is available, it will use it unless you disable it. Does this bother you anyways for letting the dGPU to work?

Solution

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Why do you have two different GPU's on your build? Yes we will ask you questions if and when we see anomalies since things can be simplified as opposed to over complicating things. Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model and it's wattage. BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing?

frince9000

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019
Disable the 3080ti and 1660 drivers on device manager and you'll see the intel hd doing the work :). It is simply a gpu passthrough since if the device is available, it will use it unless you disable it. Does this bother you anyways for letting the dGPU to work?
Thankyou this just worked fine but it kinda gives trouble as for 3 total gpus to work on 3 separate workloads I was planning to designate on them, but it's a working workaround.

I can atleast separate the video renderings to 3080 Ti and Game on the GTX 1660, was trying to utilize the iGPU though for stream purposes because it eats up the 1660's processing power,

got 3 monitors, 1 for rendering, 1 for gaming and 1 for comment section and stream related, so yeah. Anyways this is the best answer I found since looking at google for weeks now, but if there's a better alternative please let me know. (The Display settings in windows 10 settings doesn't help even if I chose the power saving option, which is why I had to ask around here.)

Mostly video renderings is done by CPU, while the GPU utilize rendering the effects. Personally for me just go game on 3080Ti and stream on it, it's already powerful enough to do the the task. You could assign 1660 for video rendering. Need faster video rendering? Upgrade the processors to 6c 12t ++, and faster memory, you'll see increase in perfromance :D

frince9000

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019
Sorry I wasn't able to clarify xD, it's 3D video rendering I also use it for blender, autodesk, autocad and other stuffs. The games I play aren't CPU intensive eitherways. Thanks btw.

Sorry I wasn't able to clarify xD, it's 3D video rendering I also use it for blender, autodesk, autocad and other stuffs. The games I play aren't CPU intensive eitherways. Thanks btw.
Ah i see then... iirc they prefer stronger ipc per core, so yeah definitely a cpu upgrade will help you in games while doing stuffs. You might want to force the apps using igpu on NVCP and see if it worked.