HDMI port is small

Aoki Masaru

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
Ok I bought an Asus VX239h IPS monitor and I found out that the hdmi port is too big. Another problem is the design of the GPU(GTX 750) and my pc casing it seems like a typical adapter won't fit.

I found this: http://www.yourcablestore.com/assets/images/hdmiadfminim.jpg

Do you guys think this type of adapter will solve my problem?

I'm currently using VGA port right now. But if I use HDMI is there going to be some boost in video quality?

Solution
When you say the HDMI port is too big do you mean that the HDMI cable wiggles around inside the port/ falls out.

If that is the case, then you've got a faulty product and I'd get in touch with the seller or ASUS and claim under warranty.

Can't say anything about the gpu/ case problem without more details.

VGA can support high res 1080p but it is an analogue signal. What that means in this application is that the quality of the cable you are using will have an impact on the image quality whereas HDMI uses a digital signal which means that a fancy gold plated $200 dollar hdmi cable will give you exactly the same image quality as a $5 cable you picked up in walmart.

nismoguy82

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
The specs for your monitor shows that it has regular full sized HDMI ports. Are you saying your GPU has mini Hdmi instead? If so, they usually come with the adapter in the box if bought new. Which exact GTX 750 do you have?

Motoxyogi

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
When you say the HDMI port is too big do you mean that the HDMI cable wiggles around inside the port/ falls out.

If that is the case, then you've got a faulty product and I'd get in touch with the seller or ASUS and claim under warranty.

Can't say anything about the gpu/ case problem without more details.

VGA can support high res 1080p but it is an analogue signal. What that means in this application is that the quality of the cable you are using will have an impact on the image quality whereas HDMI uses a digital signal which means that a fancy gold plated $200 dollar hdmi cable will give you exactly the same image quality as a $5 cable you picked up in walmart.

Solution

Aoki Masaru

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015

Yes it is mini-hdmi. I have Palit StormX GTX 750. It doesn't have anything in the box aside from the GPU itself. So far VGA looks good.

nismoguy82

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014

Try Monoprice or other sites for similar adapters if you already have a regular HDMI cable. Or get a miniHDMI to HDMI cable if you prefer a neater connection. To me, HDMI was better than DVi, so it should be even better than VGA visually.