[SOLVED] HDMI screen goes black randomly (gif video included)

Nov 12, 2019
Hi, As you can see from the GIF my screen goes black and reapper after 1 second every now and then, sometimes more frequently than other!

I'm a bit scared cause it's the second time it happened and the first time after 1-2 months of this problem my screen broke (still don't know if this is the cause).

Until now I have changed the video card and bought a new screen but it didn't help!

I was thinking that it can be an electricity problem (I'm in a garage so the power supply might be a bit dirty).

The problem appeared after some time I used the new screen, like 4-5 months later, if that helps!

Thanks in advance and if you need more info feel free to ask!

Solution
What resolution/refresh rate are you using, and what version HDMI cable are you using? This can happen with older versioned HDMI cables that aren't rated for the bandwidth you are trying to use.

elmotaipale160

Commendable
Nov 3, 2018
Hi, As you can see from the GIF my screen goes black and reapper after 1 second every now and then, sometimes more frequently than other!

I'm a bit scared cause it's the second time it happened and the first time after 1-2 months of this problem my screen broke (still don't know if this is the cause).

Until now I have changed the video card and bought a new screen but it didn't help!

I was thinking that it can be an electricity problem (I'm in a garage so the power supply might be a bit dirty).

The problem appeared after some time I used the new screen, like 4-5 months later, if that helps!

Thanks in advance and if you need more info feel free to ask!
It could be the HDMI cable.

Nov 12, 2019
Hi, Thanks for all the replies.
I tried to buy a new HDMI cable from Amazon (the Amazonbasic one) and will report the result in a couple of days. Hopefully it won't came back!
How could I overthink the simpliest solution ever :LOL: