Question HDMI Splitter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2021
Hi! I would like to know if anyone can guide me through this problem I have.

So here is the thing. I want to use an HDMI splitter to duplicate the signal in my monitor and a drawing tablet.

I have an active 1 to 4 splitter and it works the first time I plug everything. But as soon as the pc goes to sleep or I turn it off, the next time it doesn't work. I get no signal neither in monitor or tablet.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

System Specs:

Mainboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Ac
Processor: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GTX 1660 Super
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

I am not sure about the physical connections that are being made.

As I understand your post you working on a pc and sending HDMI video signal to be duplicated on a monitor and on the tablet's screen via the 1 to 4 splitter?

Verify or correct as necessary.

Apr 15, 2021
Hi! Thank you for your answer

I updated my system specs. They are here too.

System Specs:

Mainboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Ac
Processor: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GTX 1660 Super
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz

My gpu has 3 outputs, and I already have three monitors attached, but I got a drawing tablet and wated to duplicate my center monitor's signal into the tablet. So I plugged an HDMI 1 to 4 active splitter to the HDMI output of my GPU, then used two of the splitter outputs to plug my center monitor and the drawing tablet.

It works the first time, I get the correct signal in all my monitors and also the drawing tablet. The problem starts once my PC goes to sleep or once I restart the PC. After any of those situations, both, monitor and drawing tablet attached to the splitter lose signal.

Thanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.