[SOLVED] Hdmi system

Feb 11, 2021
Hello all, I have a question which persists in my mind, about hdmi signal. What does generate hdmi output? Does it generated just by Graphic card or graphic/audio cards together? And which kind of signal is generated by sound card (analog/digital)?. I have this questions because of a problem with hdmi audio output on my computer, it shows the hdmi sound not plugged in and I cannot solve that, i've made several tests. Thank you all

Solution
Your graphics card has an onboard sound card integrated into it. Even if the motherboard had no integrated sound your HDMI connection from your GPU to a monitor with speakers or a TV would work since the GPU is doing the video and the audio. For that the HD audio drivers needs to be installed when you install your GPU drivers. It's included in the drivers package.

What are you trying to connect and to what?
Your graphics card has an onboard sound card integrated into it. Even if the motherboard had no integrated sound your HDMI connection from your GPU to a monitor with speakers or a TV would work since the GPU is doing the video and the audio. For that the HD audio drivers needs to be installed when you install your GPU drivers. It's included in the drivers package.

What are you trying to connect and to what?

Solution
Does it generated just by Graphic card or graphic/audio cards together? And which kind of signal is generated by sound card (analog/digital)?
Depends on hardware used.
What hardware are you using BTW? (motherboard, cpu, gpu, monitor/TV)

If you have a modern discrete graphics card, then all HDMI/DisplayPort signal is produced by graphics card (all - audio and video).
Output from sound card goes to analog 3.5mm audio output and digital coax/optical.

Reactions: Nemesia