Headphone impendence trouble

leonvincetic

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
I am looking for some low budget quality headphones to be used for music,video, and some gaming. I found Audio Technica ATH-M20X for relatively low price (60 dollars US) and i plan to use them on my new PC that i am buying in some 2-3 months...so until then i have to use my laptop for music ,gaming and such (Lenovo ideapad 100).Here comes the problem,i noticed that they have 47 Ohm impendence.So i kinda worry that they might gonna be too quiet on my current laptop and smartphone.Plus i intend to buy headphone amp in future.If they are not viable i might go with AKG K77 PERCEPTION or Sennheiser 451.Thanks for responses.

leonvincetic

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
I know it is not,but if power source for the headphones (in my case a laptop) is too weak then I might not be able to take full potential out of them,if you have a same headphones (same rated loudness say 108 db and same power source) ,the only difference is impendence,if one of them have 32 ohm impendence and the other ones have 500 ohm impendence,of course the ones with lower impendence are going to be louder.