Question Headphone microphone also picking up desktop sounds

Oct 29, 2020
So I have Ant esports ICE 511mt case which has two separate jacks for microphone and headset, but my headset has only one 3.5mm pin for both the mic and headset. So I bought a Y splitter - 1 female to 2 male, and when I connect them to the case (front) windows asks me what kind of device I have plugged in. I select mic and headset. But during all the processes, like discord, obs etc, my desktop audio also gets picked up. To test it, I start obs and add an audio capture device and select microphone RealTek (R) audio. But when I am playing a game, both the audio capture for headset and desktop audio in obs pick up desktop audio for games and everything. Is this normal? If it is then any way to solve it?

Pitbull Tyson

BANNED
Oct 28, 2020
If background dings or noises come they will get recorded as your mic picks it up or rather better yet plays throught headset. If you have a chime your gonna hear it and its going to record it through.

Oct 29, 2020
If background dings or noises come they will get recorded as your mic picks it up or rather better yet plays throught headset. If you have a chime your gonna hear it and its going to record it through.
I also thought the same, but I unplugged the pink pin of the Y splitter from the case and in sound manager, it still recognizes that mic is connected. I dont know why though.