Headphone & Microphone volume too low !!

Heart beats

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
Hai guys,..

My headphone volume is too low even at max volume settings..

Headphone : HS 320 (Creative).. tried with other 3-4 headphones.. all of them .. volume is too low !!

Windows 7 64bit ultimate.

Intel : DH55TC

Sound card : Realtek HD (latest version)

No problems with speaker volumes.. its loud and clear (5.1 creative t6160)

Iam asking here because i think its a problem with my motherboard ?!

Any help would be much appreciated.. !!

Solution
G
Ok, I just got a USB headset, and the volume is back to normal and actually sounds better. Since it's a USB device, the soundcard can't control it. I suggest you buy a GOOD quality USB headset.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
The soundcard thinks the headphones are actually a sound system, so it is outputting sound in a "line out" fashion, not headphones.
See if there is a dedicated plugin for headphones.
If there is no connector:
Check the Realtek driver software and tell it to configure the plug for "headphones", it should be able to do this automatically, but realtek is cheap, and it prolly doesn't....

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
I don't know exactly how to configure your realtek. It could be any one of millions of different combinations.
Go into the windows control panel > sound and check out the properties and start poking around in there. You are looking for something that is saying "line out" that can be changed to "headphones".

G

I don't have a solution to this, but I came here after getting the same problem. I got a new Samsung Series laptop with Realtek HD audio, and the speakers are AWESOME, but using the headphones always gives low volume. This was not the case on my old Dell Inspiron laptop. So it's not a problem with the headphones. I think the solution would lie in somehow getting a USB headphones which are independent from the soundcard or something.

G

Ok, I just got a USB headset, and the volume is back to normal and actually sounds better. Since it's a USB device, the soundcard can't control it. I suggest you buy a GOOD quality USB headset.

Solution

Majid Farimani

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015
Ok i just found the solution on realtek's driver. the problem is just with back panel.
open up realtek, in back panel shows you bunch of outputs(in right of realtek's menu), right click on the green one (the one you plug your headphone in), choose connector retasking. in the menu select "Headphone"
sorry for my bad english ^_^

edumgr

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016

Majid was correct.!. Thank you - the problem has been bugging me for a year now...

lokilokesh1983

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017

Thanks a lot Majid. My issue got resolved :)