Headphone Problem Consant Buzzing Even When the Mic is Off

insanekb123

Prominent
May 13, 2017
Hello guys so I'm quite new here hoping to get some help since im really tired of this already..
I have Logitech G230 Headset and i hear constant buzzing in my headset whenever i tend to move the headset cable even a little bit. The mic is muted i move the cable and the buzzing still occurs i tried connecting it with a USB Adapter and it still does the same thing whenever i try to move the cable also i've just tried plugging the headset in my antique laptop and it managed to work properly i changed the motherboard for my pc and its still the same so i have no idea what to do anymore :(( any help is appreciated <3

Also i would like to add when i connected the headphone bit and mic from and old headset together so 2 headsets it was working which is strange now the old mic stopped working but it works on the laptop also.

https://ufile.io/02uar <--- Example to what happens to my earphones whenever i move the headset cable. (TURN VOLUME DOWN) its cancer.

insanekb123

Prominent
May 13, 2017

Same thing occurs just constant buzz... :(

Yup, the cord has an intermittent short or break. This is common with well-used headphones and headsets. When you move the cable, it will disconnect the headphones in some positions, and connect in others. As you move it, it will rapidly switch between the two.

If there's no signal, you won't hear anything.

The mic has a +2V signal that you can't normally hear. When you move it, you can hear the rapid connection/disconnection sound.

insanekb123

Prominent
May 13, 2017

So is there any solution for this since it works on my antique laptop without any issues? like both of those headsets...

Oh, if it's only a problem on one machine, it's not an issue with the cable (unless you have the cords in dramatically different positions).

It's more likely an issue with the connector. Try using the rear headphone jack, and see if that fixes it.

insanekb123

Prominent
May 13, 2017

Hmm i would say the cords are fine the thing is im using the rear headphone jack :D i also tried it with a usb adapter still the problem occurs now im using mic through my phone by usb and it works without any issues lol ..