[SOLVED] Headphone static and extremely weird sound spikes

Mar 8, 2021
Hi!

So I'm having these really weird issues with my Bose QC 35 II.. a pair that I just can't throw away due to the price they cost me.

Basically the issue has different components to it, the biggest problem I'm running into is the latent but ever present threat that at any time, my headphones can bug out and instantly MAX out the volume of one ear. When I say max out, I mean M A X, so extremely high that even by taking them out a after less than a second I can hear a ringing in my ear for a good few minutes and it hurts.

So at this point.. I'm just scared of putting my headphones on, it only happened 3-4 times, a few months apart, but the jumpscare and extreme volume makes it enough for me to be scared of it happening.

I've been trying to figure out a pattern for when it does that, and I half found one: 3 out of 4 times, it happened when I changed the volume (Wired to my W10 computer, changed the volume through window).
And before it happens, there's a "buildup" where I'll start hearing more and more little static buzzing, it's subtle, but I can definitely hear it.

The last completely random thing: When the drying machine (one room away, about 4 meters away) runs, I hear more static sounds. I don't have the slightest idea why the drying machine affects my headphones, it makes no sense to me.

so yea.. my headphones are possessed and actively trying to kill me.. should I call the exorcist? Anything I can try to fix them? I've tried to google for potential solutions to my issues, but it seems a headset and drying machine working together to kill someone isn't all that common on internet.

Thank you!

Solution
-------------

I'm already shopping for a new headset, I already abandoned the idea of fixing them.
--------------

Sennheiser PC38X if you can get them in your area are probably the best "headset", with a mic, for a reasonable price, PC37X is close to them also if 38X are hard to find. Open back so no noise canceling.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I think the sound card isn't to blame here since you're working with a wireless pair of headphones. Have you tried pairing the headphones with another (donor)system? If the issue isn't present on said donor system, you might want to state how you're tethered to your desktop with the headphones, i.e, what is the make and model of your wireless adapter on your Windows 10 PC?

Mar 8, 2021
I'm actually wired to my computer, as my experience with bluetooth has been pretty bad. I also like being able to use the knobs on my Rode nt to control a few settings so I'm plugged directly into my microphone.

But I've ruled out the microphone jack being faulty, as it happened also while I was directly connected to my computer

Mar 8, 2021
I did contact Bose, but everything they suggested was pretty useless and didn't help.
And since I'm out of warranty.. well I'm pretty stuck.

I'm already shopping for a new headset, I already abandoned the idea of fixing them. Thankfully since they still work flawlessly over bluetooth I'll still keep them as my headset for travelling.

I just figured there was no harm in asking online at that point before spending a decent chunk of money on a new headset, just in case I've missed something obvious or that someone has already figured out.