[SOLVED] Headphones aren't working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2021
Hello people,
i've bought new headphones and they arrived today, but the sound is terrible.
They're ROG Delta Core, i tried them as soon as i recieved them and the sound is subdued, low quality, and so is the microphone. I've updated Windows, and downloaded all the updates from their software (Armoury Crate), yet nothing helped.
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

I believe your trrs plug is the problem.. it has 2 channels of audio PLUS the mic whereas typically the 3.5mm port on the PC is looking just for trs-audio channels. You can get an adapter that splits your trrs tip to two trs tips (audio/mic).

in most cases, yes you can plug trrs into a trs connector and only have headphone audio and you would lose out on the microphone. if you want to keep the microphone you would need a trrs cable (if plugging into a phone or similar device) or a trrs to two trs connector cable (for plugging into pc).Aug. 4, 2015

Jun 2, 2021
I believe your trrs plug is the problem.. it has 2 channels of audio PLUS the mic whereas typically the 3.5mm port on the PC is looking just for trs-audio channels. You can get an adapter that splits your trrs tip to two trs tips (audio/mic).

in most cases, yes you can plug trrs into a trs connector and only have headphone audio and you would lose out on the microphone. if you want to keep the microphone you would need a trrs cable (if plugging into a phone or similar device) or a trrs to two trs connector cable (for plugging into pc).Aug. 4, 2015
Hello, thanks for the reply!
So basically the headphones won't work? I'm a newbie in PCs, so i didn't fully understand what you were saying.
Also, do you think that this adapter could fix the problem? https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Headphone-Microphone-Aluminum-Compatible/dp/B00NMXY2MO

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021
I've came to the conclusion that the headphones aren't compatible with my sound card, so i'll be selling the headphones to my friend and buying a new pair that comes with an USB connection. Thanks everyone for your time and answers!

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch
Status
Not open for further replies.