Headphones buzzing while idol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spicynoodle

Reputable
Jul 12, 2016
So, i recently decided to return my old headphones for physical repair. During that, i decided to plug in my old, BOSE headphones for use. I decided to change my sound quality to the highest it could be. Then, as i woke up -- I realized i'm starting to get this weird bassy, buzzing sound coming through my headphones. At first i thought it was a connection issue, so i continued to try replugging and unplugging them. To no avail it didn't work. That's when i realized that when i touch my computer/headphone cord, the sound literally goes away. However, when i play something (like a youtube video) the sound goes away, then when its not in use, it comes back.

I changed the quality from what it was at default, and now the sound is completely gone (from what i hear). I still don't know if it has to do with my jack or headphones.

So now this entire situation is boggling my mind.

Does anyone know why this is and/or have any fixes?

This is a 3.5 MM instead of a USB.

Solution
Generally in my experience, a buzzing in the background means resistance in either the headphone jack or audio port (or both) which means a cleaning is needed with household rubbing alcohol. Try that first. Just use 92% or higher isopropyl which means minimum water. Dip the headphone jack in it and then insert into audio port and twist around. Then remove it and let the port dry for at least 24 hours. Also, do not use a cotton Q-tip like some people say for sticking in the port as that can leave microfibers inside it further causing problems long term. Make sure the power is completely unplugged from the PSU when you do this too (not just powered off).

I've experienced this same problem with home stereo receivers as well with jacked...
Generally in my experience, a buzzing in the background means resistance in either the headphone jack or audio port (or both) which means a cleaning is needed with household rubbing alcohol. Try that first. Just use 92% or higher isopropyl which means minimum water. Dip the headphone jack in it and then insert into audio port and twist around. Then remove it and let the port dry for at least 24 hours. Also, do not use a cotton Q-tip like some people say for sticking in the port as that can leave microfibers inside it further causing problems long term. Make sure the power is completely unplugged from the PSU when you do this too (not just powered off).

I've experienced this same problem with home stereo receivers as well with jacked headphones.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.