[SOLVED] Headphones for music and gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonny1989

Reputable
Feb 1, 2020
Hi there, Im looking to buy a good quality but not the most expensive headset which will do its job while listening to music and gaming. I am a little bit of an audiophile and I dont want a typical gaming headset because they are poor when it comes to gaming. I used Logitech g35, Razer Kraken, Plantronics RIG800hd and some cheaper ones and they were all barely average when it comes to music. Im looking at the Bayerdynamics 990 pro and obviously some amps to power them up. Is there any other headset that you could recommend. Maybe there are some good ones that dont need an amp? My budget is a bit tight, lets say around $150 but if it is really worth it I could go up to 200.

Solution
It's not easy to find balanced headphones for both gaming and music unless they're very expensive. User experience is what I'd consider too.

I wish I did when I bought my wired Razer Kraken Pro few years ago. Good for gaming. Awful for music and movies. Too much bass and have to tweak euqlizer to make it somehow OK for music. Also polymer cable shiled started disintegrating after a year and it's all in shredds now! Nasty looking monstrosity.

Volume potentiometere was crackling and not exact from the beginning.

I had a cheap Panasonic for years before this which was great for everything. The headband thing borke and I got this Razer crap.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
It's not easy to find balanced headphones for both gaming and music unless they're very expensive. User experience is what I'd consider too.

I wish I did when I bought my wired Razer Kraken Pro few years ago. Good for gaming. Awful for music and movies. Too much bass and have to tweak euqlizer to make it somehow OK for music. Also polymer cable shiled started disintegrating after a year and it's all in shredds now! Nasty looking monstrosity.

Volume potentiometere was crackling and not exact from the beginning.

I had a cheap Panasonic for years before this which was great for everything. The headband thing borke and I got this Razer crap.

Solution

Jonathan_Steadman

Commendable
Jul 20, 2021
Hi there, Im looking to buy a good quality but not the most expensive headset which will do its job while listening to music and gaming. I am a little bit of an audiophile and I dont want a typical gaming headset because they are poor when it comes to gaming. I used Logitech g35, Razer Kraken, Plantronics RIG800hd and some cheaper ones and they were all barely average when it comes to music. Im looking at the Bayerdynamics 990 pro and obviously some amps to power them up. Is there any other headset that you could recommend. Maybe there are some good ones that dont need an amp? My budget is a bit tight, lets say around $150 but if it is really worth it I could go up to 200.
I always found cheaper headphones for like £10 - £25 to always work great for me. But thats just me saving money for more video games. lol. So cheap headphones are fine for some people. If on budget.

sandijs11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2016
You should try HyperX Cloud Alpha / Alpha S. I had HyperX Cloud Core, but the bass on these new ones is just in a different world. The sound is very pleasant and you even have valves that can be closed/partly open for less bass.

It's pretty funny, but my Razer Electra V2 sounds like a toaster compared to the Alphas or the Core.
I had my Cloud Cores for around 4(?) years and the only thing that wore out was the headrest and pads. Replaced them and now they are gonna be my replacement/travel headphones. The build quality is simply excellent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.