Question Headphones making extremely loud intermittent sounds

Davidi1999

Honorable
Apr 22, 2019
As title says, my headphones will occasionally freak out making very loud screeches and other sounds (check link for e.g.), I have tried with 2 different pairs as I bought another thinking it was the headset but the problem persists

https://vimeo.com/964800864?share=copy

I had a look online, did the standard cleaning of ports and checking drivers are up to date but nothing online sounds close enough to what's going on on my end so im at a loss. Its driving me nuts as its genuinely hurting my ears and distorting all other sound while it happens.

The sounds will start, last for around 10 seconds and stop, take a small break and start again. This repeats maybe 5-10 times then it will go away for hours until it jumpscares me again. Something very weird I noticed is that when I put my hands on my keyboard+mouse as well as the headset cable it can actually effect the volume of the sound at times (dont know if that could be a tell of anything but thought id add it in).

Any ideas of whats maybe going on? thanks

As title says, my headphones will occasionally freak out making very loud screeches and other sounds (check link for e.g.), I have tried with 2 different pairs as I bought another thinking it was the headset but the problem persists

https://vimeo.com/964800864?share=copy

I had a look online, did the standard cleaning of ports and checking drivers are up to date but nothing online sounds close enough to what's going on on my end so im at a loss. Its driving me nuts as its genuinely hurting my ears and distorting all other sound while it happens.

The sounds will start, last for around 10 seconds and stop, take a small break and start again. This repeats maybe 5-10 times then it will go away for hours until it jumpscares me again. Something very weird I noticed is that when I put my hands on my keyboard+mouse as well as the headset cable it can actually effect the volume of the sound at times (dont know if that could be a tell of anything but thought id add it in).

Any ideas of whats maybe going on? thanks
What kind of playback device are you using and what type of sound chip does it contain? In the early days of the ALC4080 sound chip there were problems but there have been patches released for that firmware.

Latest posts