[SOLVED] headphones not being detected.

bhugaa420

Prominent
Jun 15, 2018
Hello tom's hardware community,

I've been having a weird problem with my headphones, they don't seem to be detected whenever i plug them in.
I have windows 10 64 bit version installed. I've been able to fix this by manually restarting with my headphones plugged in and then they work.
I've changed sound drivers but the problem always occurs. I've also checked the headphones on my brother's computer and they work fine.
I shall be very thankful if someone could help me on this issue.

Regards,

Solution
More information needed.

Make and model headphones, what port are they being plugged into, make and model audio card (if any)?

Things you can do:

Try running the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

The next action would be to right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner.

Doing so will present a 4 item menu with each menu item in turn leading to even more audio related options and configuration settings. Multiple windows, tabs, and properties.

Also try "WIN" + "I" >System > Sound for audio related configuration settings.

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed.

Make and model headphones, what port are they being plugged into, make and model audio card (if any)?

Things you can do:

Try running the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

The next action would be to right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner.

Doing so will present a 4 item menu with each menu item in turn leading to even more audio related options and configuration settings. Multiple windows, tabs, and properties.

Also try "WIN" + "I" >System > Sound for audio related configuration settings.

Solution