Question Headphones not working.

Jun 9, 2019
So I was playing a game with my friends ( pubg to be exact ) and once we started I noticed that the mic on my headphones is not working. We finish the first round and then I go off to try to fix it. Was trying apps like discord and messenger but mic wouldn't work anywhere. Then sound stopped working as well. ( note, the headphones work perfectly fine on my phone ). Has anyone faced the same problem? Please, could use some help. Thank you in advance. Using windows 10

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
which headphones? does the plug have three rings?
three rings is a phone only plug. PC's will need a splitter that separates the mic and the speakers into distinct plugs. this is why the mic is not working the plug is not wired for a mic, just speakers.
iu

Jun 9, 2019
which headphones? does the plug have three rings?
three rings is a phone only plug. PC's will need a splitter that separates the mic and the speakers into distinct plugs. this is why the mic is not working the plug is not wired for a mic, just speakers.
iu
Yes I did find another post similar to mine but there was no solution. Here is the screenshot https://ibb.co/vwNGxyB The headphones were working perfectly fine some months ago, I just abandoned them for a while and then when I tried them yesterday the problem happened. Razor kraken are the headphones and yes I am using them with a splitter