Headphones only left ear sound

Jul 31, 2018
I've bought a new conputer recently, but there was a problem with motherboard - when I connect audio device to the rear panel, such as headphones or speakers, the sound goes only in one ear, and volume on the right one is very low.
I sent my motherboard back and they concluded that the motherboard wasn't working properly.
So I ordered a new one, and sound worked perfectly.
Untill I connected both headphones and microphone.
When I did that the sound started to vanished from the right ear again, but when I connect only headphones (without mic) everything works great.
Withy previous motherboard the problem appeared only when connecting to the rear panel,.the front one worked fine.
Now the right ear don't work neither with the rear nor front panel when I connect it with microphone.
I thought maybe it' headphone's issue, but it works fine on other computer
I hope the problem can be in some settings/drivers etc, becausr I really don't want to change my motherboard again(
Please, help me

Jul 31, 2018

My webcam mic was set to default, but when I changed it to headphone's mic the problem remains

In "communications" it was set to "reduce the volume by 80%", but when I changed to "Do nothing" nothing happened(

1. What is the name of your motherboard?
2. Do you have "Realtek HD Audio Manager" software installed on your computer?

Jul 31, 2018

MSI B350 Tomahawk

Yes, Realtek HD Audio Manager is installed(

Check your Microphone settings in the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Jul 31, 2018

cwbqXNj.png

Try updating you motherboards audio driver to the latest version. Then just go through the settings in Realtek HD Audio Manager. Since you have replaced the motherboard you know it's not defective, the problem is buried somewhere in the settings.

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver - Version: 6.0.1.8470 - Release Date: 2018-07-06

Jul 31, 2018

The latest driver was installed. And I went through settings and nothing changes
Why can't it be another motherboard with an issue?
Maybe this one is not good as well

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
Have you tried pushing your 3.5mm plug into the socket at varying depths? find the sound returns to normal at a certain point?

3.5mm sockets seem to be of low quality in recent years, like there is no unified standard that they are made to adhere to (at least the chinese made ones dont give a sht). easiest and cheapest detection and solve (this probably due to manufacturers believing usb and bt/wifi will replace 3.5)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plugable-Headphone-Microphone-Aluminum-Compatibility/dp/B00NMXY2MO if you have a usb socket free

Anything is possible, but not likely. Just from your description, the volume on the right side is very low, sounds like Windows detecting communications activity from a mono microphone and reducing volume by 80%. How to stop it from doing that, i don't know.

Jul 31, 2018

Man, the problem is getting weirder than it was before. Today I tried connect other headphones through the same cable and sound was fine with TWO OTHER HEADPHONES! I could say that maybe the headphones I used before were damaged, but I tested them as well and they worked on another computer! What the hell? How can this be? I can't even go to the shop I bought them in, because I am sure it will work fine on their computer. God, I can't understand this