Question Headset Cable Intertwined

Gincal

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020
I realize how weird of a question this is, but my new headset's cable is always intertwining itself, if I unplug it (which takes me a bit of time because i keep my cables all behind the desk) and push one end and kind of go through the cable to smooth it, it will hold on for a few days and then start intertwining itself all over again.

I know this is weird, but do you have any kind of sollution for this? It's not the end of the world, definitely, but it's becoming more and more annoying.

Thank you,

Gincal

52FP76N.jpg

you can try hanging the headphone from something with the plug end tied up in the air.
over time the weight of the headphones can untangle and straighten the cord but it may continue to happen.

there's not much you can do other than fitting and securing a sleeve onto the cable.
even then it may still tangle up some.

if you have another device's cable that follows the same path as the headphone's;
you can secure them together with velcro straps, tape, etc and hopefully the device with a better cable will keep the headphone's in it's proper shape.

Last edited:
Unplug the cable, straighten it out fully and lay it flat. If it does not start to curl up on it's own, hang it over a door for a few days to let gravity do it's thing. If it's starts to try to twist when you straighten it, use your fingers and smooth it out some more, then hang it over the door again (or whatever you have long enough to run the cord down).

You may also just be twisting the headset when using the thing.

If it's a detachable cable there are many options to replace it with other ones, most after market ones stay straight and smooth.

Gincal

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020
Curious: make and model new headset?

Source/seller?

Corsair HS45 Surround Headset

Terrible experience. I bought them as a substitute to my old Razer Kraken Pro v2 and they only caused trouble. Their software wasn't working properly and it was clearly a software problem and not one with the headset and after no sollution having worked they insisted I would return the headset and get a replacement one, to which I said no, obviously. So I'm using them without any piece of software to tweak the settings or anything.