Question Headset is in 3d audio

Breaking431

Reputable
May 4, 2021
Hi all i recenty bought an epos sennheiser gsp 370 , as i heard it u can hear every footsteps and the directional , i tried and and i was surprised its a really good headset when it comes to gaming , u can hear every direction where the shooting comes in pubg for example , but i dont know if this is my brain not recognizing it or something but after like days or 3 days i played pubg and i felt like the directional audio is too much ? For example if someone is shooting on the left side , the left side of the headset give u an exact where the sound is coming from , thats makes my ear abit like giggly or itchy ,its not like balance , the sound is fine , but i dont know if its suddenly happen or this is the audio should be like that ? Or my brain just forgot about it or something , im just confused i hope u got what i meant,its like every left and right sound , feels like i wanted to scratch my ear or something ,the epos software is 2.0 surround not 7.1 , so everything was fine , i hope u guys help me , thanks in advance

Spec : cpu i7 6700k
Gtx 970
Ram 16
Windows 10
Headaet epos sennheiser gsp 370

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sony warn that wearing their headphones too long causes itchiness. I know this is sennheiser but same thing can happen on my Focal Bathys as well. It can be caused by moisture build up in the ear.

Due to the general characteristics of our headphones, depending on the user, when used for a long period of time, humidity inside the ear increases which may result in itchiness or inflammation due to increased moisture in the ear.
https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/support/articles/00264069

I can''t find anything specific to your model.

what material is the earcups made of? sometimes it can make it worse... I found this link that shows replacements

Breaking431

Reputable
May 4, 2021
Sony warn that wearing their headphones too long causes itchiness. I know this is sennheiser but same thing can happen on my Focal Bathys as well. It can be caused by moisture build up in the ear.

https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/support/articles/00264069

I can''t find anything specific to your model.

what material is the earcups made of? sometimes it can make it worse... I found this link that shows replacements
Unfortunately , the earpad inside not outside got removed ( basically the face of the earcup), but when i got them , i felt normal no problems at all , only few days later tho , what im saying is , is it normal tho to feel like the surrounding can make it abit giggly or itchy? If someone is shooting in the right side the sound gives u the exact right side which feels like deep side? Or did i change something in the settings or something

Colif

Win 11 Master
but when i got them , i felt normal no problems at all , only few days later tho

Earphones get worn in as you use them so could be they were just needing some use to get to this stage.
what im saying is , is it normal tho to feel like the surrounding can make it abit giggly or itchy? If someone is shooting in the right side the sound gives u the exact right side which feels like deep side?

I am not sure its meant to feel itchy when that happens. I can only imagine you feeling the sound hitting your ears.
Or did i change something in the settings or something

You could try setting the software back to defaults if you think you might have changed something.

Breaking431

Reputable
May 4, 2021
Earphones get worn in as you use them so could be they were just needing some use to get to this stage.

I am not sure its meant to feel itchy when that happens. I can only imagine you feeling the sound hitting your ears.

You could try setting the software back to defaults if you think you might have changed something.
Yes this is a good example that the sound hits my ear , i can try the software will see tho

Colif

Win 11 Master
it seems the headset is seen as 7.1 in windows 10 settings.

I compared it to my PC 373D, and the feeling can only be described as if there's some sort of crappy spatial sound EQ enabled somewhere(which there isn't). Trying the 7.1-setting only makes this worse.
link

i can't find (the right words) anything about a itchy sensation in ears.

Breaking431

Reputable
May 4, 2021
Thank u for ur reply and helps mate , maybe i can try this in the settings when i get back home , also in the playback sound , in the recording ,it shows as headset , but in playback device shown as speakers , is it a problem or it needs to be headset also

Colif

Win 11 Master
some people find it works better without the sennheiser software.

I found a few other people with the Speakers problem and those headphones, but no answer yet.

I am not sure what it should show as I don't have them.

Could ask Epos = https://www.eposaudio.com/en/au/gam...ncy-connection-gaming-headset-1000231/support

I do know someone with those headphones, he had to return his as the volume knob on side of headphones didn't do anything as he was (up until realising knob didn't work) thinking they weren't very loud. I have asked him about if they appear as headphones. Just waiting for a reply.

Last edited:

Breaking431

Reputable
May 4, 2021
Thank u for u

I found a few other people with the Speakers problem and those headphones, but no answer yet.

Could ask Epos = https://www.eposaudio.com/en/au/gam...ncy-connection-gaming-headset-1000231/support

I do know someone with those headphones, he had to return his as the volume knob on side of headphones didn't do anything as he was (up until realising knob didn't work) thinking they weren't very loud. I have asked him about if they appear as headphones. Just waiting for a reply.
r eeply friend and for ur help appreciate , i think thats the problem i believe , so in the sound playback it shows speakers gsp 360 , when i go configure its 7.1 surround , so i feel like this thing to change to headphone or headset not speakers

Breaking431

Reputable
May 4, 2021
Okay i

Okay i think i fixed the issue , the solution was in the playback device it self , it needs to be headset not speakers , i went to device manager and went to my headset which gsp 370 , update driver , let me pick...... And than press usb audio device than restart my pc , after that problem solved in terms of surrounding being too deep and the speakers are gone now , its not headset shows , but unfotunately its weird that the software of the gsp software is not working , it just doesnt work when headset shows in playback which is weird still

Reactions: Colif