[SOLVED] Headset mic making static sound when moving it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2021
I have a hyperx cloudstinger that I've been using for a month or so and a couple of days ago it started making a static sound when I move the mic to mute and unmute. It's really loud for other people I'm in calls with. How do I fix this? I received the headset used from my older brother.

Last edited:
Solution
I have a hyperx cloudstinger that I've been using for a month or so and a couple of days ago it started making a static sound when I move the mic to mute and unmute. It's really loud for other people I'm in calls with. How do I fix this? I received the headset used from my older brother.
Many times when a mic or headphones make static sounds while moving it...what it is....is....

The conductor inside the insulation breaks.

You usually can't see it because the insulation is covering it.

The break usually happens near the ends where the wire sees more stress.....many times right near the mic or the headphones.

If you can make the static come and go by moving the wire....many times that's what it is.

Edit: Also....this...
Many times when a mic or headphones make static sounds while moving it...what it is....is....

The conductor inside the insulation breaks.

You usually can't see it because the insulation is covering it.

The break usually happens near the ends where the wire sees more stress.....many times right near the mic or the headphones.

If you can make the static come and go by moving the wire....many times that's what it is.

Edit: Also....this usually happens with older mics/headphones....where the wire has been used a lot.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.