[SOLVED] Headset mic suddenly stopped working

painessoupei

Commendable
Oct 25, 2020
So I bought a headset 2 months ago everything was working fine untill yesterday where it suddenly stopped working
I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest drivers but to no avail
i found out that when i play a song on youtube and record my microphone sound its actually recording computer audio

this is the sound its picking up when i boost the audio (im also talking in the background but not being recorded)
https://clyp.it/vf2zdvtz
and this is what its picking up when i play a song
https://clyp.it/pm2enrdz

any way to get rid of this issue or should i send it to be repaired?

Solution
I pretty much tried everything, microphone is on in settings, drivers, listen to this device is unchecked in sounds, unmuted mic and boosted and still to no avail
It was working just fine the other day just 2 days ago where my friends said that they can hear static in my mic and eventually they couldnt hear me anymore
At this point the easiest thing to do is plug the headset into a different computer to see if it works there or it still has the same problem no matter where it's plugged in.

painessoupei

Commendable
Oct 25, 2020
Have you gone to "PC Settings > Sound > Advanced sound options > App volume and device preferences" to choose your default input for all your apps?
I pretty much tried everything, microphone is on in settings, drivers, listen to this device is unchecked in sounds, unmuted mic and boosted and still to no avail
It was working just fine the other day just 2 days ago where my friends said that they can hear static in my mic and eventually they couldnt hear me anymore

At this point the easiest thing to do is plug the headset into a different computer to see if it works there or it still has the same problem no matter where it's plugged in.

Solution