Headset not available in playback devices after new windows install.

arron94

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Today I had to reformat and install windows from scratch for various reasons, after doing so I have installed all drivers and such as before and everything seems fine except my headset. I have a Corsair Void and it is connected to the PC and has up to date firmware, but in realtek sound it is shown as 'not plugged in'. It also isn't listed with it's name as it was before. It also has the yellow exclamation triangle on it in devices and printers. This all suggests to me that it has no drivers, but everything is definitely installed and I have no clue what to do. My reasoning for asking here instead of on the corsair forums is I believe it to be a problem with the PC not the headset. Can anyone help?

PS: I am under the impression a bios update is not necessary when formatting because the bios is stored directly to the motherboard. Can anybody confirm this? As if I am wrong I might need a bios update. Also, apologies if this isn't the best sub forum, but I couldn't find anything else more relevant.

Solution
BIOS is stored on the motherboard. BIOS and OS are independent.
if the audio device on the motherboard were disabled in the BIOS, windows will not detect the audio device. as windows is detecting the audio device it is enabled in the BIOS. I can confirm that you do not need to touch the BIOS for this issue.

I'm sorry I cannot help on the other issue

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
BIOS is stored on the motherboard. BIOS and OS are independent.
if the audio device on the motherboard were disabled in the BIOS, windows will not detect the audio device. as windows is detecting the audio device it is enabled in the BIOS. I can confirm that you do not need to touch the BIOS for this issue.

I'm sorry I cannot help on the other issue

Solution