headset not working correctly

Diogo castro

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015
Hi, today i got a new headset as a gift, the asus cerberus and my issue is that when i plug the headset to the splitter cable to use the mic only the left hear cup works and the right does not, but when i have the headphone only jack in the two ear cups work fine. pls tell if this is a headset configuration or is it some kind of problem i can solve or if i will have to return it. And sorry for the bad English.

Thanks in advance,
Diogo Castro

Solution
As per Asus's product page do you have the headset connected like this to your desktop/computer
Image_02.png

The jack marked with a headphone icon go into a green ringed port on the audio device/sound card while the mic goes onto a pink ringed port of the same device. For example:
microphones-headphones-desktop.jpg

If you intend to use only the mic then you shouldn't using that headset that way. You can find modmic's for about 50USD but if you're not into broadcasting you can source cheaper mic's.

Lutfij

Titan
As per Asus's product page do you have the headset connected like this to your desktop/computer
Image_02.png

The jack marked with a headphone icon go into a green ringed port on the audio device/sound card while the mic goes onto a pink ringed port of the same device. For example:
microphones-headphones-desktop.jpg

If you intend to use only the mic then you shouldn't using that headset that way. You can find modmic's for about 50USD but if you're not into broadcasting you can source cheaper mic's.

Solution