Question Headset

kennethrjones.cs

Prominent
Feb 26, 2023
I am trying to use an older headset that just has the single round connector. I think it's called an audio jack. The headset has a mic on it too. The headset works, I tested it on another system. When I plug into my gaming computer nothing happens. I tried plugging it into the line out to see if I could hear sound. I also used the splitter cable and put one into the mic and one into the line out. I've also tried every combination of ports on my PC (read, C/SUB, Mic, Line Out, Line In) it doesn't matter. Nothing ever happens so I don't know if Windows isn't seeing it, or something isn't configured right.

This is the only picture I found of it online:
https://365wholesale.com/collections/headsets/products/billboard-wired-gaming-headset

That makes it look like it's a Microsoft headset so if that's true, I think it should work pretty easy.

After you plugged it in using the splitter cable, did you open up the Sound app (the one in Control Panel provides more information) to see if the app says the headphones are plugged in and set as the Default device? Or does the app still say the headphones are Unplugged? Are there ports on the front of the case you could check?