Hearts Game Speed Play Option

I recently upgraded to Windows XP and at the same time installed a Radeon
video card with 64 meg onboard. XP was installed for a couple of weeks
before I got the video card installed. After installing XP, my hearts game
performed as it should and the game play speed option could be controlled
from very slow to very fast. Now that my video card is installed, the game
play speed cannot be adjusted much at all and it is impossible to tell who
gets the hands etc. Can anyone help me with this issue? I can access the
game speed option and even adjust it...it just doesn't make any real
noticeable difference.

Thanks in advance,
Russ

Hi Russ,

You can change the priority of a program to speed it up, or slow it down.
Click Start / Click Run / Type: taskmgr and then press ENTER

- Right Click on the program and select: "Go To Process"

- Right Click on the process and "Set Priority" to High or Low as needed.

- You can speed up games even more by ending all other Applications that
are listed in the taskmgr, and right click to disable all icons by your clock.

- You can slow down your games even more by running many programs,
or use the Moslo utility: http://www.hpaa.com/moslo/basic.asp

Moslo Instructions - Note this is not for the casual player - Use only if needed:

Unzip the program to the same directory as the game you want to run slower.
For the next steps to work, you have to have that directory open in windows.
Note: Get the process name using taskmgr, then click Start / Search to Find it.

Next click Start / click Run / type: command and then press ENTER
At the DOS command prompt type: MOSLO /## GAME.EXE

Note: ## is a number (actually, percentage ... using /50 runs the game at half
normal speed) and GAME.EXE is the name of the game you want to play. :)

--
Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
Game FAQ's: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA8DFFE-B26D-419E-927F-45DEC6FEE5F9@microsoft.com...
|I recently upgraded to Windows XP and at the same time installed a Radeon
| video card with 64 meg onboard. XP was installed for a couple of weeks
| before I got the video card installed. After installing XP, my hearts game
| performed as it should and the game play speed option could be controlled
| from very slow to very fast. Now that my video card is installed, the game
| play speed cannot be adjusted much at all and it is impossible to tell who
| gets the hands etc. Can anyone help me with this issue? I can access the
| game speed option and even adjust it...it just doesn't make any real
| noticeable difference.
|
| Thanks in advance,
| Russ

I cannot get this site to let me ask a question, so I'll do it here. Has
anyone else had a problem with Hearts scoring incorrectly? I'll take no cards
and the computer will give me all the points when it should be zero. It has
also given my points to someone else when they should have been mine. Any
suggestions?
--
Nadine

"Russ" wrote:

> I recently upgraded to Windows XP and at the same time installed a Radeon
> video card with 64 meg onboard. XP was installed for a couple of weeks
> before I got the video card installed. After installing XP, my hearts game
> performed as it should and the game play speed option could be controlled
> from very slow to very fast. Now that my video card is installed, the game
> play speed cannot be adjusted much at all and it is impossible to tell who
> gets the hands etc. Can anyone help me with this issue? I can access the
> game speed option and even adjust it...it just doesn't make any real
> noticeable difference.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Russ

Mike

Splendid

Hearts?? Perhaps someone is trying to tell you something, there really is
something better you could be doing than playing electronic cards??