[SOLVED] Heatsink turns (swivels) on CPU

Chris_6

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
It's a brand new computer and the guy is trying to tell me that is normal for this Cooler Master EVO 212. I noticed it was sitting sort of angled, then i noticed i could turn it slightly (5-10 degrees) back and forth. Anyone know if this is really okay?
CPU-Fan-1.png

Solution
It's a brand new computer and the guy is trying to tell me that is normal for this Cooler Master EVO 212. I noticed it was sitting sort of angled, then i noticed i could turn it slightly (5-10 degrees) back and forth. Anyone know if this is really okay?
no. it should be flat and square on the cpu and if it can pivot at all it would be 1 degree or less. i suspect the screws attaching the plastic clips to the backplate are loose.
no. it should be flat and square on the cpu and if it can pivot at all it would be 1 degree or less. i suspect the screws attaching the plastic clips to the backplate are loose.

Solution